Electrical engineers design electrical systems for cars and planes.Electronic engineers design and develop electronic devices such as transmission and communication systems, from portable music players to global positioning systems (GPS).Many also work in areas that are strictly related to osp outside plant Engineer do.
Responsibilities of the Outside Plant Engineer
Electrical engineers usually do the following:
- Manage the manufacture, installation, and testing of electrical equipment to ensure that the products meet the requirements and codes
- Investigation of customer or public complaints, assessment of problems and recommendation of solutions
- Work with project managers in production processes to ensure that projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget.
Electronic engineers usually do the following:
- Development of electronic components, software, products, or systems for commercial, industrial, medical, military, or scientific applications.
- Analyze customer needs and determine requirements, performance, and cost of creating an electrical installation plan.
- Develop procedures for the maintenance and testing of electronic components and devices
- Assess systems and recommend changes to the design or repair of equipment
- Check electronic devices, instruments, and systems to ensure that they comply with safety standards and applicable regulations.
- Planning and developing applications and changes in the electronic properties of parts and methods to improve technical performance
Electrical technicians working in the federal government research, develop and evaluate electronic devices used in the aerospace, information technology, transportation, and manufacturing industries. They work on central electronic equipment and systems, including satellites, flight systems, radar and sonar systems, and communications systems.
The work of electrical and electronics engineers is often similar. Both use the software, construction equipment, and design to perform construction tasks. Both types of engineers should Also work with other engineers to analyze existing products and the possibilities of engineering projects. Engineers whose work is exclusively related to computer hardware are considered computer hardware engineers.
Important Qualities on Outside Plant Engineer
Minister: Electrical and electronics engineers design and develop sophisticated electrical systems as well as electronic components and products. You should be able to track many design features and technical applications.
Initiative: Electrical and electronics engineers should be able to apply their knowledge to new tasks in all mandatory projects. You will have to learn how to keep up with technological change.
Personal skills: Electrical and electronics engineers must be able to work with others during the production process to ensure that their plans are correctly applied. This collaboration includes monitoring technicians and developing solutions to emerging problems.
Math skills: Specializing in language Electrical and electronics engineers work closely with other engineers and technicians. They must be able to clearly explain their designs and arguments and give instructions during product development and production. It may also be necessary to solve complex problems for customers with little or no technical experience.
Electrical and electronics engineers develop technical publications for the devices they produce, including maintenance instructions, operating instructions, parts lists, product suggestions, and design method documents.
Licenses, Certifications, and Registrations
Certified engineers are called professional engineers (EP). A PE can supervise the work of other engineers, sign projects, and provide services directly to the public. State licenses generally require
- A diploma from an ABET-accredited engineering program
- A passing score for the Engineering Fundamentals (FE) exam
- Relevant work experience
- A passing grade in the professional engineering exam (PE)
Entrance examination in the basics of engineering (FE) can take immediately after graduation. Engineers who often pass this exam are called engineers (EIT) or engineers (EI). After gaining professional experience, the EIT may take the second exam, called the engineering principles and practice exam.
Several states require engineers to participate in lifelong learning courses to maintain licenses. Most states recognize licenses from other countries if the license state requirements meet or exceed their licensing requirements.
Electrical and electronic engineers can be promoted to leadership positions and lead a team of engineers and technicians. Some may switch to administrative positions and work as engineers or program managers. Preparation for management positions usually requires work under the guidance of an experienced engineer. For more information, see the profile of the architecture and engineering managers.
A technical background enables engineers to discuss the technical aspects of a product and to assist in planning and to use the product. You can find more information on the profile of sales engineers.